Sunday, July 22, 2012

Living the dream?

A special mentor of mine once told me (for all things related to passions and ambitions) "... focus, set your goals and it is funny how the universe aligns things for you". I suppose he meant everything is out there for grabs and no amount of hoping, waiting, wishing or praying combined will get them any closer unlike some active effort. 

Anyway, that's all that's going to be philosophical here. 

With the end of the 4th class on my "dancing on a budget" voucher, my hip hop stint came to an end. And I was just getting comfortable, dammit. The guy who taught the last class advised everyone to keep grooving to the rhythms - in the shower, in the bus, walking on the road, etc - in order to get used to the style and basic steps. I'll take that advise with a pinch of iodised salt, thank you.

These four classes have helped me to unlock several achievements:
"I love ma hip hop"
"Ain't nobody give no shit bout how I dance"
"Oh yeah, I got swagger"

And that leaves me with the following to work towards in future:
"Flawless finish"
"In da club"

The other day, I made my way to watch Ice Age 4. I wasn't dying to watch it and I went with very little expectations. So being the epic movie it was, with fantastic dialogues and animation, I was totally blown away! It's easy to tell a good movie when you come out grinning instead of having a wtf look, like I had after watching Eclipse from the Twilight series and The Expendables.


The next movie, however, I've been *dying* to see since I first laid my eyes on the trailer in June. It doesn't help when all the bus stands in the neighborhood these days are plastered with colourful posters of this movie announcing 8th August as the release date here. On several occasions, I considered shattering the glass that houses the poster, grabbing it and making a run for it. It's sooo pwetty.

OMG, I love Merida's hair! 

And she's the only reason I look forward to August.


2 comments:

  1. Love the movie review :) You have made it to my list of Google Chrome Favourites Loku! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very touched by that comment, Kaw. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...