Saturday, September 10, 2016

Excuses

Just like that, the season for mid-term exams are here.

Some subjects appeal to me more than others, naturally. So the drive to prepare for a subject like Geology is somewhat an uphill task. Each time I tried to get past a few pages of notes about rocks and minerals, my Heart comforted me, "You totally deserve a small nap for trying."

Even my Brain agreed.

As a team, we didn't get too far today and the anxiety levels continued to rise... until, a classmate clarified that I was mistaken with the dates and there was no exam tomorrow.

We learned a lesson: luck sometimes favours procrastinators.

~ ~ ~

My latest classical music crush is Karthik Iyer.

The genius of this guy can be seen around t = 6:20.

He's incredibly talented. His music takes me to other worlds and has the same effect on other fans too (judging by Youtube comments). His Youtube videos also take up a significant portion of data allowance from my monthly broadband connection. He makes me believe (falsely) that I can play like that because it looks so effortless when he does it. He makes me want to pick up my violin again.

I am hopeful that someday I'll have a stroke and wake up being able to play like this, similar to reports of the foreign accent syndrome where people develop new accents after a stroke.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...