Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Today we are musically inspired

Had I been born a ten years earlier, I might have caught Queen live in concert!

*note to self* Attend a live Rock concert. And hurry, before the last of the Classic Rock bands perform their final world tours.

Journey is performing live here today. I'm not a big fan of the band, only because I have not actively listened to their tracks growing up except for "Don't Stop Believing" after hearing a Glee cover and falling in love with it. But I have to admit, they sound Great! Perhaps artistes these days, in their great numbers and with bountiful opportunities to arrive at fame, have to work harder to have lasting fame because there just is too much competition and too many channels to address. Back then before the 90's, it was a simpler affair - if a Rock band had exceptional talent and toured around a lot, most likely they'll get their immortal fame because unlike now, the audiences were not spoilt for choices when listening to music. They were likely to listen to the same limited collection of good songs which would then be etched in their souls. Now our playlists grow and change so fast that it's easy to forget even a good song in a matter of days. Quite unfair to the extremely talented artistes these days, I suppose. And back then, musicians needed mostly exceptional talent and stamina to go on. Now, budding musicians need business and social networks, media channels, sophisticated equipment, an entourage of performers.... Oh and fame doesn't necessarily co-relate to talent.



Our musical pursuits made us really hungry after work so we made a colourful home-cooked meal!

Run away, vegetable haters!

My mother was extremely supportive of my recycling efforts when she visited me. She went the extra miles to throw every piece of trash that was recyclable into my special trash bag during her stay. So it brought me much joy to see the biggest haul of weekly junk during one of the weeks she was here. I'm also quite touched that my housemates continue to support the cause in their own ways. Since we began separating the recyclable from the non-recyclable junk, the number of trash bags thrown down the chute to the public disposal system has vastly reduced.

A record week of junk haul for Shu!


Time to log off. Do support Earth Hour on Saturday, 23rd March 2013 from 08:30pm to 09:30pm. It's a good gesture to be part of a global effort for a global cause.


2 comments:

  1. Earth Hour is definitely a great gesture supporting a great cause. And it's fun. Last year my housemate and I accidentally locked ourselves out of the house and had to climb through a window using each other to stand on, a disused set of stairs, and a rickety old bookshelf. Wouldn't have been nearly as entertaining if everyone's lights were still on. :)
    Time for food. The photo of your dinner has made me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are a fun bunch! That bookshelf sounds dangerous though. It's a good thing no one broke anything in the dark AND you can still laugh about it! :D

    That reminds me, when I was a lot younger (and more agile), I used to get sent through small windows (once through a toilet window and it was a tall drop to the tiled floor below) into the house whenever we got locked outside. I was flattered then to be sent on such missions, but come to think of it now they used me as a rescue rat o_O

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...