Friday, April 12, 2013

Macdonald's hates me

Macdonald's hates me. I can tell. Soon they are going to block my email address from their feedback page.

A morning rant following a repeated event of spilled coffee:

Dear Manager,
I am a regular customer of McCafe and I enjoy the variety of beverages served there. However, I'd like to give some feedback on the plastic carriers used for take away beverages. As these are put in regular plastic bags, I usually end up spilling my coffee by the time I reach my destination or otherwise I have to take extra care to ensure the cup is held upright while travelling, as it is not provided in a carrier-friendly packaging. I have met others who have experienced the same problem. Please use plastic carriers specific to carrying hot beverages e.g. the ones used in ordinary coffee shops as they are far more effective.

Dear Shuri,
Thank you for your email.
We appreciate your feedback on using plastic carriers and we will channel this to the relevant department for consideration. [Read: Go to hell.]
Thank you for taking the time to write in. [Read: Don't you have better things to do with your time?]


Another day, after eating a double cheese burger minus the burger and feeling overdosed with cheese:

Dear Manager,
I would like to suggest an improvement to the Macdonald's food menu which I believe would be profitable as well as promote Macdonalds as fast food restaurant chain that adopts healthier food alternatives.

Suggestion: Introduce a vegetarian burger.

I am a vegetarian. However, I am a regular customer at Macdonalds for good quality French fries, hot cakes, smoothies, ice cream, coffee, etc, it offers. While I lived in United Arab Emirates for a few years, I noticed that Macdonalds Arabia has a vegetarian burger option to cater to a significant population of vegetarians as well as those who like the occasional change in their menu. I think it would be a great idea to implement this in Singapore as there is a significant number of vegetarians here as well as a growing trend in the number of people who like to occasionally opt for vegetarian options.
Thanks and I look forward to your positive feedback.

Dear Shuri
Thank you for your email.
At McDonald’s, we aim to deliver an exceptional dining experience to our customers, every visit, every time.  [LIES.] Your suggestion of adding Vegetarian burger to the menu is appreciated, and will be useful as we constantly look to evolving our menu choices to meet our customers' needs. [Read: Not happening, EVER.]
We look forward to serving you soon again in our restaurants. [Read: We know you are going to come to us anyway because you can't resist our fries, the cheap mocca frappe and the hot cakes.]


18 Aug 2013
Afternote:

I was wrong.

Macdonalds finally decided to introduce a vegetarian burger! *does a victory dance* I'm guessing there were many other potato-loving vegetarians who wrote to them to demand one and Macdonalds saw the economic potential of introducing it.


2 comments:

  1. I wonder if you could find enough vegetarians and vegetarian sympathisers to sign a petition...? :) They don't a vegetarian burger in Australia either. I think it's strange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate!! They introduced vegetarian burger last week!!! I was so thrilled, I've been telling everyone :D

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...