Monday, April 22, 2013

Trapped in existence

It's nice when sometimes a movie surprises you in a good way and it isn't predictable like most. Intouchables was one of them.

I've been a little busy attempting a record which is why I have not been able to visit my blog much. When I successfully make my record of working two weeks without a day off, I have a reward: two full days of following an Animal Keeper at the zoo, helping with preparing food, feeding the animals and cleaning their poo. I'm really, really looking forward to it! I know I shouldn't discriminate, but I hope I get to work in an enclosure with furry animals that eat greenish things and fruits because I hear from my zoo buddies, that cutting up loads of fish and meat can be a little overwhelming for a first-timer.

Clean toilets are quiet and peaceful places to be in. Sure, people come and go, but it's a private space and apart from doing the obvious, it's also a good place to think without distractions. As a kid, I used to have a bad habit (I say bad because of the increased chances of spreading toilet germs) of secretly carrying books with me so I can read in peace.

This amusing picture, advising users on the correct usage of toilets, is pasted behind the toilet doors at work. 

3 comments:

  1. It amuses me far too much that that poster is titled 'Toilet Announcement', as though it's shocking information that people urgently need to know... like a severe weather warning... or a sudden outbreak of deadly disease.
    But nope. Just illustrated instructions on how *not* to fall into the loo. Classic.
    Hahaha, such a profound comment from me today!
    But Intouchables has been top of my list of movies to rent for a while now... Everyone seems to agree that it's well done.
    Anyway, hope your record goes well! Looking forward to hearing what enclosures you visit. Will there be animal pictures?! :D (If not, can we see more drawings please) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If those pictures have any truth to them, it's pretty disturbing that people try to be creative in places surrounded by ceramic :|

    Let me know what you thought of the movie after you've watched it! :D

    I'm hoping to take a few photos to tell stories later!! I just hope a curious animal won't nab my camera. Or I'll be forced to make a feeble attempt at drawing stick figures.

    Btw, loved the latest comic strip on "Friends"!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. That being said, if an animal runs off with your camera it will make for some particularly interesting photography. :)
    And I'm glad you enjoyed 'Friends'!!
    Have a good weekend! Run for the joy of owning a glorious new headlamp!
    New year resolutions sure have a nasty habit of sneaking up on people again. :)

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...