Friday, May 31, 2013

Partying with the bugs

These days (non-lethal) flu bugs to me are like sparkly little blessings that come sliding down rainbows in angel wings. MR VIRUS. PICK ME! PICK ME!! I'll be your human host. I just want a proper weekend to rest at home. *sobs* 

I might just be delirious right now or my insane working hours have altered my brain chemistry for the worst. Either way, I'm not complaining about my flu today.

My commute to work in the morning consists of three phases; a short bus ride to the train station, a short train ride and finally, a cab ride to my office. For phase three, I share the cab fare with a colleague in a mutually beneficial arrangement. She is the closest thing to a friend/ decent female colleague I have at work. And she's a sweet, kind-hearted lady, really, whose company I appreciate very much at work.

But here's the thing, she also LOVES to talk and think out loud. There is hardly a silent second when I am with her. After a calming bus and train ride either listening to music or reading a book, this is how my morning typically goes:

GOOD MORNING SHU!! (the image below is a very accurate representation of the situation)

This picture belongs to Allie Brosh - the awesome blogger from 
It's good to know she's back after a long hiatus.  


It doesn't take too long before I'm given a report on everything from the evening before, the night before, the present morning and an outline of what is to come during the day. She also has the ability to hop through a myriad of  topics, just starting with "Do you know what happened to me this morning???" or "Come, I have some new Facebook photos to show you!!". 

Of course, I am exaggerating a little, but seriously, where do these people get so much energy? Wait. I think I already know the answer to that one.

Hurrah, a two day weekend, finally!

2 comments:

  1. ARGGHHH my brain hurts justs thinking of this lady!! Kill.Now

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe me, similar thoughts have crossed my mind on days I missed my morning tea and breakfast :|

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...