Sunday, September 25, 2011

Classics are CLASSICS!

I might have been about 13-14 years old when I got my first desktop computer. Although I wasn't the first kid in the class to own one, it was a great deal back in the day to own a computer! It was a very entertaining addition, one which my mother had to control with strict timings as we children tend to get carried away and forget homework and chores. My dad was thoughtful enough to send an array of useful CDs and movies from abroad to be enjoyed. Two Encarta CDs, Disney's Tarzan and Hercules game CDs, Roald Dahl's Matilda the movie and Lion King the movie were the ones which were used and overused! Tarzan was the first game I finished completely (with a little help) and it was no easy feat, so the feeling of achievement still lingers. The Encarta encyclopedia CDs were perfect for curious children, wanting to find information quickly and with little effort (and with enhanced mom-free privacy features too!).

I distinctly remember a day I was checking out classical music instruments in one of the encyclopedia CDs. It even included small sound clips to complement the write ups. So I found the piece below tied to the sound of a French Horn and fell in love with it. Madly too, and managed to learn to play about 20 seconds of something which sounded like it in my violin. Today, I was listening to my super-mashed-up playlist on  iTunes, when I came across this same piece (that was very kindly ripped for me by a classical-music-loving-heavymetal-headbanger), which I was obsessive about a decade back so it has been a very emotional day. I can feel the obsession setting in once again and the urge to bring down the dusty violin from up the cupboard!



Also, I have the Tin Tin movie to look forward to in November. It looks F-RIDICULOUSLY AWESOME in the trailer!!! The best part of 2011 is just starting!

WORK, I'm ready for ya! Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...