Thursday, September 22, 2011

In Retrospect

I got home today, to find a guest. She's here to stay with us until she gets back on her feet with a job and a new life. It was nice to meet her after many years. Our lives and families have been inter-twined in the strangest of ways for about two decades! It was good catching up and listening to her, she's naturally talented at relating stories in hilarious ways.

Admittedly, I have developed an aversion to Facebook. Usually, I am able to tolerate the high levels of narcissicism and exaggerated optimism and joy depicted by the collective community of Facebook. But not now.

Out of boredom, I took up reading my old blog. Some of the posts surprised me in a good way. It was mostly interesting to read back on my thoughts and see how some attitudes have changed, and yet how others have not changed one bit. 

I am subtly aware that highs and lows are what makes up Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...