Friday, September 30, 2011

I'm sexy and I know it

No, that title isn't necessarily a reflection of what I think of myself. It's just one of those nonsensical songs being played on radio these days (by a band called LMFAO), which latches parasitically onto recurring thought bubbles and go around your head in circles all day. Also, my sister has fits of giggles when she recalls the video, which is my opinion is just scandalous (too outrageous, that I refuse to post the video on my blog!). But on a different level of contemplation, it is good to see men getting out there and balancing out the playing field, which is currently dominated by women. Go EQUALITY!

Other other day, a high profile guy in the company retired. He must have been in his late fifties, very competent at his job, drove a freakingly expensive car, wealthy (in case the car didn't speak for itself) and a recent divorcee. In his leaving speech, he said didn't have any specific plans to start working right away. Instead, he said he is "going back to thongs" (in his own words), to live in his villa by the beach in Indonesia. Sounded to me like he got tired of all the complexities and sophistications of a metropolitan city and he longed to go back to a simpler life to gather himself.

My ideal retirement plan would be to live by the beach. I'm extremely happy when I'm by the sea; my ears filled with the sound of waves and my eyes filled with the views of the sea. That's when the thoughts in my head are the loudest. I can go for the occassional swim or dive to check out the marine life (and hopefully not be decapitated by a shark or stung by a ray). If I can retire before I become feeble and senile, I'd love to write.

Dreaming is a good past time!

1 comment:

  1. And watch out for tsunamis and clean up after oil spills!

    Wrecking people's dreams since 1986. You're welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...