Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Internet Addicts Anonymous

"Hello. My name is Shuri and I am an internet addict. I spend too many hours on the computer, often compromising on a healthy lifestyle, not communicating or spending time with family members and not having a variety of non-internet related hobbies. Today I am happy to say that I have realised this and will think of ways to fight this addiction. Thank you."

I have been OBSESSED with this song for three days now. In a moment of weakness, I attempted to download this song on to my phone from a legit YouTube phone application while at work. After exhausting ALL the 9MB of data left on my mobile internet package for the next three weeks, I got an error message to the effect "Unable to complete download. Only 9MB of 16MB has been transferred". Outcome: I had no song and no mobile internet for the next three weeks. Of course, I rushed home to download it through my home Wi-Fi connection and I have listened to it a 201 times since.



Sometimes, Shuri thinks life is too short to be too careful with what she says and does. Sometimes, it's OK to make a fool of oneself like dancing with sub-zero skills and laughing over it later. Sometimes, it's OK to give an honest but offensive opinion if there's a good message that's relayed. Sometimes, it's OK to tell people you love them and they won't feel uncomfortable or think you are mad. Sometimes, it's OK to trust new people if the first and second impressions are good. Sometimes, it's OK to swear and make a scene if the cause is worthy. Sometimes, it's OK to lean on someone for help. Sometimes it's OK to take a calculated risk and face whatever comes head-on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...