Sunday, November 18, 2012

Intricate balances

Balance - that important concept which keeps things at optimum levels, at their best, in motion, in harmony, in order, at peace and the like. I would think it is relatively easy achieve because we know what theoretically tips the scales and what weights we have to throw in to balance it. But the challenge lies in maintaining it, because it is very, very easy to lose it in this Life of constantly changing variables.

Let's play a fun game of balance the scales. The rules are simple: use what you have at hand, the winner gets to be happy and the loser get a good measure of misery. 

The official entry into 'adulthood' signifies the beginning of a life of juggling things - responsibilities, family, social ties, education, career, finances, health, personal growth, etc. Some might even become professional jugglers over time. But it's no wonder that many of us are somewhat stuck in an intermediary phase, refusing to let go of that care-free, fun-loving, adventurous, blissfully ignorant and innocent inner child. Maybe it's not such a bad thing! And I strongly believe adulthood is much more fun and bearable when living it with a little dose of child.

Outdoor advertisements can be quite entertaining. Many a time, I wish I had been quick enough to snap a photograph of the things I come across. Very recently, I had a glimpse of a banner for a new type of stuffed bun while I was in a moving bus. It was called "Gold Digger". Now I do not know if it is just me, or if that kind of name puts people off that product for what it brings to mind.

And then, there was this. I wonder what the men feel about this one

Off I go to my first day of official Docent duty at the zoo. The world is a much bigger place than what we are often led to believe and I fully intend to go check it out!


3 comments:

  1. Well said Shu! Adult life is much more bearable with a little dose of child. I think I have an incurable case of Peter Pan Syndrome. I suspect you have a touch of it too. I hope it's contagious, because sometimes I worry about the well being of the grown up folk. :)
    And I was thinking just yesterday that I wish I could take photos just by blinking my eyes, because every time I want to capture something, I've left my camera at home. I think the Universe is a joker who plans these things, then it sits back and laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite glad to see you re-surfaced! I thought you three might have taken off for the holidays to someplace warmer. Hope you caught a glimpse of the eclipse a few weeks back.

    Funny you mentioned it, just today after the turn of events, I was entertaining the idea of said joker.

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I encountered a minor wall of anti-inspiration as far as writing and drawing were concerned, and thus took a brief hiatus from the interwebs. I doubt that anti-inspiration is a word, but I don't know what the opposite of inspiration is. Whatever the opposite of inspiration is, it is capable of forming minor walls. Anywho, back now. Huzzah.
    Also, I honestly laughed out loud at your pool story. That's so unfortunate and disappointing! What an afternoon! But it's still pretty amusing. Definitely that universe being a joker again.
    Hooray for salt and vinegar chips. :)

    ReplyDelete

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...