Thursday, November 29, 2012

Jingle Rock

Today will go down as the day I went for a swim with one half of a swimming suit.

I elaborated on my last post about my mobile "home" with convenience at my finger tips. I braved another week of heavy rain showers and thunder storms, carrying my swimming kit to work in hopes of going for a swim on my way home after work. Today, finally, the weather improved and I was thrilled. I even found a new bus route for my mission.

But then, it all went downhill from there. I took my eyes off the road for a bit to switch to a different music playlist and missed the bus stop. Undaunted, I asked for directions and walked three bus stops backwards to the swimming complex. On entering the complex, I was so overjoyed to see the blue expanse of water and the laughter of kids splashing in the water. I could not wait to jump in. But to my horror and utter disappointment at the changing rooms, I realised that I had forgotten to pack one half of my swimming suit after taking it out last weekend for my sailing adventure. There was NOTHING I could do, but to pack my things and leave for home red faced to drown my sorrows in a bag of left over, crumpled, salt and vinegar chips.

WHY ME???


That incident would have really put me in a bad mood for the remainder of the week, had it not been for the news that The Hobbit movie tickets were out for purchase. I got mine booked! Yay!! Also, two of my best-est friends (each from different galaxies) will say hello to each other in person for the first time on the movie day. I'm all nervous about how it'll turn out, but we've already established that I'm a little paranoid so I'm subtly aware that I may be overreacting here.

It's still the eleventh month of this year but the jingles have already started to play everywhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...