Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Just like bards are a dying breed

Blogging a dying hobby? Perhaps.

I'm not sure why I lack the inspiration to blog these days. Too much on my mind? Too little on my mind? Bored? Nothing interesting to blog about? Nothing I want to share? Getting too old for it? I don't know.

I think it might have started with a certain article I read about the trails we leave behind on the internet. The more we reveal information (however anonymous we think we might be or how secure an account we are made to think), the more we make ourselves vulnerable for external factors to penetrate our various security defences, like passwords and anonymous names. Funny, that's sort of how it happens in the real world too, with regards to one's personality.

Also, I hate to use my precious blog to vent out my frustrations of daily life, which have been growing in the last couple of weeks. I've always wanted this blog to be a retreat of happiness. One which brings smiles or better, makes way for higher reasoning. Mostly it falls short, but I still try to stick to my original plan.

I have observed that the peak of my imagination and creative thought-flow is early in the day. That's when I get great ideas and inspiration for good blog topics. Sadly, by evening, after the weight of the day has got to me, I either forget it or lose the rosy-tinted spectacles I wore in the morning. Even if I make note of little things to blog about later, I've most likely lost that streak by the time I sit down to blog at night.

Finally, I feel like I'm losing moral support. Looks like it's a dry season for blogging in general. Most of my fellow bloggers have either hit the rocks with their blogs or are struggling to keep them going  (YES, you know who you are). Must be a pandemic o_O

Here's to better days of story telling:




No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...