Wednesday, May 25, 2011

On Stranger Tides


Other other day, I went to watch the much awaited Pirates of the Caribbean 4. It was refreshing to see Captain Jack Sparrow being himself and the movie was a good 2.5 hours long and well worth the money. Also there was time to enjoy a scrumptious vegetable topped baked potato just before the movie and we had perfect centre seats in the theatre! I would not compare this with the previous 3 movies, but I enjoyed it very much.

Halfway through the movie, my friend had trouble with the guy sitting at the back, who kept kicking her seat and the man next to her, who was busy talking on his phone. Trouble always finds this loud and short-tempered girl. The guy behind her eventually stopped. I suspect he had one of those nerve-related conditions where people involuntarily shake their feet causing things around them to tremble. I heard her get into a heated argument with the man next to her, who asked her to "shut up" after she asked him to put his phone on silent. I even saw her flick her finger at him in the corner of my eye. But I stayed glued to the movie.

There were many notable funny moments in the movie. One time, I laughed too loud to one of Jack's lines on the "missionary position" and realised that I was the only one laughing that loud in my area and the people next to me on both sides actually turned to look at me. It's not my problem if their neurones didn't relay the joke to the brain fast enough so that their grey matter was able to join the dots. Unfortunately, my brain is highly evolved into picking up things "off the gutter". I believe my genes from the maternal side has to do alot with it.

I have my eyes set on Real Steel next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...