Tuesday, May 31, 2011

"No pain, No gain"

When life takes a dip, one has to find ways to crawl back up.


The other day I tried wall climbing for the first time. To my not-so-surprise, climbing came naturally to me. I recall, in my younger years, I hardly stayed on the ground and every tree in the garden with branches that could support my weight meant territory to conquer. Even the instructor admitted that for a first-time wall climber, I did pretty well! It takes alot of stamina, determination and concentration to make your way up to the top. That said about a climbing wall, Life in general seems no different. Halfway through my second climb, I was ready to quit; "I'm done for today", "My arms are too tired", "I need a few minutes to rest", "That's enough", "I can't anymore" were some complaints thrown at the instructor who ignored my pleas for the most part and kept on saying "No pain, no gain". He managed to get me to climb the wall 4 times, when I was very ready to quit at attempt no. 2 and go home.

The whole experience left me with quite an impression, complete with widespread muscular pains lasting several days and a much-needed push of encouragement on climbing the wall of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...