Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Rat Race

Today was much like a day when I first joined the company. I was free for 7 out of the 8 working hours. I Idled. I did various things to keep myself entertained. I drank various things to keep myself awake. I read several things to look busy. I ate various things out of boredom (which didn't quite agree with me later). I listened to the same 2 songs repeatedly. I daydreamed and soul-searched.

Oh. I did a psychometric test too, found on one of the training folders at work. I got equal points for being a "Reflector" and a "Theorist", so the results were annoyingly inconclusive. Personally, I thought I fell to the range of a "Reflector". They are the type who have absolutely nothing to talk about (outright) in a meeting or at a coffee machine. They rather listen and watch people than shoot out ideas on the fly. They want to go back, review and analyse all the facts and come to a carefully derived decision. They like to strictly follow procedures that have been proven to be effective. They suffer with varying degrees of mental disorders such as OCD, perfectionism, grammar nazi-ism, formatting nazi-ism and other health disorders like high blood pressure, tachycardia, mood swings and hot flushes (related to anger, not menopause).

Life sucks in general. We planned a holiday (my first REAL holiday, it would have been) to an exotic place. But it has been postponed from May to July to October. Sigh. Sigh. Sigh.

WHEN do I catch a decent break???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...