Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pictures speak a 1002 words

I managed to impress my dad today with my very organised filing habits, which I have got from him! He seemed thrilled (Oh Shu, we know how badly you crave his attention and approval).

I had one of those rare moments with my dad, going through ancient family photographs, which my mom has very thoughtfully sent through him. Photos remain one of the best forms of memories, and I'm a sucker for those. The changes to people/ places are so drastic over the years, it's amazing to see the contrasts. Some people in the photos are no more, others have grown and changed; photos have the power to take people back in time to specific time-frames in life.

On other news, I was publicly shamed/ blamed in an email chain to several people. Just because one person gave the incorrect information and some one else didnt bother to hear both sides of the story. No apologies received or records set right, sadly. And the whole thing began with me taking the initiative to do something out of my way, in hopes of helping makes things better for many people at work! *sigh* Seriously, Shu, just mind your own business, serves you right for being too enthusiastic about rendering services.

Funny, just this morning I read of a woman who was jailed for 30 days for "trying to steal another passenger's watch from the x-ray scanner at the airport". She claims she noticed the passenger before her forget it in the tray and she was on her way to return it when she was stopped by authorities and arrested for stealing it! So the paper advised people to be cautious when helping strangers (not kidding).

Going with down a flu bug.... bring it on little bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...