Thursday, June 2, 2011

Those which are hard to find and supportive

This is a very determined effort to make it a point to write OUT my thoughts, rather than let them express themselves inwards.

What a contrast today seems from yesterday. How pathetic and deceiving can your mind get?! Nothing's changed from yesterday (problems remain unchanged), except for the forward movement of time and yet, things feel better today. Sure I can blame hormones for most of life's problems, but really these biological components only intensify already existing emotions and states of mind. I highly doubt they effect new emotions and ideas. This must either be a flawed characteristic of being human OR something is not quite right about me.


Several years back, I received a birthday card from a couple of close friends of mine. It implied "Great friends are like good bras" and how right that is even vice versa! Funny that came to mind today. I think I've found a perfect fit and it made my day (YAY!) and odd I should blog about it. But I've had extremely frustrating experiences picking out the right ones for most of my life. Even with standardised numbers/ sizes, most purchases turn out unsatisfactory.

For my sister, what made her day was buying a nice, warm meal to a man who could not afford it and watch him enjoy it. For me it was partly about having good support all day *cough*.

Work was better too. There was work to be done. "Keep busy" works just as good as "blogging" for me. The moment I have too much free time and nothing serious to work with, I easily fall into the "self-reflector phase" and when reflecting on myself, I see alot of things going wrong in Life and this leads to unpleasant emotions, easily exacerbated by the wondrous things called hormones and unproductive ways of dealing with it. And a downward vortex results.

What was inside the card...



Oh wow, it's the weekend tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...