Friday, June 3, 2011

The Self-help Section

It's been a lovely first day of the weekend. No irritating mood swings. Slept well and woke up fresh without an alarm having to wake me up. Missed my class by waking up too late. Went to the gym upstairs for a 20 minute workout (yeah, that's about all I can manage yet without feeling dizzy!). Felt so proud of the little (adorable) bulge in my arms that I have developed from climbing walls and doing the occasional wall push-ups. Spent some time with the sister and nephew, this time actually listening to them and interacting willingly. She seemed happy to have someone listen to her thoughts. Don't we all need that sometimes! Did the laundry. Had a nice shower and sat down to enjoy a nice home-cooked lunch! Feels like I am suspended in a vaccum, with no strong forces to tip me off balance. I'm going to make the most of this, while it lasts!

I like watching Oprah's & Ellen's talk shows. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to watch them on a regular basis and so I watch clips on Youtube. Ellen's very funny, cheerful and the genuinely kind type, always a pleasure to watch. Oprah's show is very interesting, there's always something to take away from it, an alternative thinking process even or something that humbly brings you down to base. Sometimes the phrase "I love Oprah", is usually followed by raised eyebrows, similar to the expression you might get when you are at a book store looking through the self-help book section. Nothing wrong with watching inspirational shows or buying self-help books, we all look for explanations from time to time.

I would have liked to blog on more serious and thought provoking topics in this new blog. My blogs lately have been very superficial and not always written with much enthusiasm. But a blog is like a snapshot in time of the thought processes; embarassing, mundane or substance-less some of them may be, it shows a state of mind that existed and one which is undoubtedly my own.

On a separate note, WHY are Brussels sprouts so unpopular? I love them (steamed)!

Justin Timberlake - sexy, arrogant, neat dancer, show-off and makes moving music:


Disclaimer: The video is scandalous but but gotta admit this song played at ear shattering volumes while driving is quite thrilling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...