Saturday, June 25, 2011

The Sidewalk

Where was closure when I needed it?

I keep looking back, while holding on to a distorted memory of what once was. One where the good times seem more prominent than the bad times, when I know that's not right. I keep going back to those days, those very dark days. I have a million memories tied to you. Ever so often, something I see or hear triggers a connection to you and that past we shared. I wonder what you've become. I wonder if you are still picking up pieces, just like I am. Maybe you've moved on, like I have. Perhaps you are happier now, as am I. I try to forgive myself, hope you do too. I hope you've realised that things turned out for the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Privilege

Not all of us are born to the same circumstances. There will always be differences in social status, which is determined by factors such as ...